About the Trust
Seckford Education Trust
Seckford Education Trust (the Trust) was established by the Seckford Foundation in 2012 to help local communities in Suffolk to set up and run free schools. The Trust currently has three Free Schools at Beccles, Ixworth and Saxmundham. Following the success of our Schools in July 2019 we welcome two schools in Felixstowe to the Trust; Maidstone Infants and Causton Juniors.
All of our Free Schools are funded by the government and are non-selective; they are designed to provide an excellent, academically-focussed education for young people aged 11 to 16. The Trust has high aspirations for all of our students and we aim to deliver above national average progress and achievement for every student (relative to their starting points and abilities).
Our broad and balanced curriculum is focused on traditional subjects, taken to GCSE in Year 11. This provision is complemented by a varied and engaging daily enrichment programme. We believe this approach provides our students with a successful foundation for life by ensuring they have the qualifications and appropriate skills to help them move forward confidently into further education, training or employment. We also look to inspire in them a lifelong love of learning whilst they are studying with us.
Our Schools provide a safe, healthy and stimulating environment in which every single one of our students can learn and develop and where parents/ carers and the wider community are encouraged to contribute positively to this process. We place a strong emphasis on inclusion in Seckford Schools and our pastoral care ensures that each individual student discovers his or her latent talents as well as realising their full academic potential.
Though each Trust School is firmly rooted in their local area, they all share some important similarities:
- Our Schools are small, each will have the capacity for around 600 students or 120 per year group which means every child is known to their teachers;
- All members of the Trust family share the same vision and ethos which is rooted in our 6Cs to Success – co-operation, community, commitment, confidence, challenge and celebration;
- Our School day is longer than other schools in the area, this gives us the opportunity to give students additional time and support in developing English and Maths as well as offering a rich and diverse Enrichment programme.
- All students have a Personal Education Plan (PEP) which records strategies to overcome any barriers to success;
- Parents / carers are actively encouraged to participate in the education process at our Schools as are local businesses and partner organisations.
Find out more about the origin of the Beccles Logo by clicking here.
Please visit the Seckford Education Trust website to find out more.